SgurrEnergy is an international renewables engineering consultancy. We are one of the UK’s leading technical advisory organisations specialising in renewable energy power generation, including wind, solar, hydro, marine and bio energy technologies. Our success to date is based on in-depth engineering knowledge and experience, applied in a practical manner to provide the best possible solutions and advice to our clients.
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, the company is now seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to join Beijing office.
The candidate will assist our project manager to complete all technical work completed in China office. The main focus is on renewable power plant technical due diligence, but also cover the section on asset management and post assessment. This will include the China office due diligence, technology, technical advisory and wind energy product (Lidar, Performance Monitoring, Sgurr Control, Sgurr Optimiser).
- WTG technology review, including review WTG relevant technical documents; specification, reports and drawings against customer requirements.
- Using company internal software to undertake SCADA data analysis and plant performance review.
- Using company internal tools such as Lidar, Sgurr Optimiser to improve the performance the plant.
- A relevant engineering degree, automation/electric power system/mechanical/control are preferred.
- Appropriate postgraduate experience and a proven track record at WTG manufacturer or wind farm developer or grid company
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports to predefined deadlines
- The role is client facing and so must be a confident communicator with smart appearance
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of problem solving ability and initiative
- A flexible and proactive approach to work
- An interest in renewable energy and sustainability
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects
- Fluent in English and Chinese
Desirable criteria (if applicable)
- 3-5 years experience of wind energy industry. Control engineer is preferred.
- Strong commercial skills
- Experience of wind turbine control system
- Knowledge of customer management techniques including key account management, sector development and strategic targeting
- Willingness to travel in mainland China and internationally
Hours: 38.75 hours per week. Occasional weekends or evenings for travel or meetings
Holidays: 14 days and China public holidays
Contract: Permanent after 3 month probationary period
Training: SgurrEnergy actively encourages personal and professional development
Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy Salary: Negotiable – dependent on experience
Location: Based at Beijing Office but travel as required in Asia, China and internationally
To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Renewable Energy Consultant of Beijing office”